Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White pepper smells like manure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White pepper smells like manure...

I looked it up to make sure it wasn't just me. The stuff stinks. But what I couldn't find out was, is it supposed to smell that way? Or, does it only smell like that if it has gone bad?

I don't know Mosca not sure what you're smelling. I just took a big wiff of my white pepper and it smells like , well, pepper. Maybe what you have is bad????

Comment

Maybe this will help:

http://www.popsugar.com/food/Burning...easant-6936166

You might want to return it...

Comment

I just smelled the "Schilling" white pepper here at the house, it's old and smell like sweet pepper.

Comment

Found a few links by doing a Google search for "stinky white pepper". Here's one of the more amusing ones:

By the way, how is Mrs. Mosca doing?

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, that was one of the sites that confirmed my smell, but didn't say that it was supposed to smell that way or not. I tossed my bottle of white pepper, I always thought it was a visual aethetic where you just didn't see the black flecks. I don't care about black flecks, in fact I kinda like them.

• Skip
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            Great News for your Family @Mosca!! I too have wondered how things are going for Mrs. Mosca whenever I see your posts.

• ribeyeguy
            ribeyeguy commented
            Editing a comment
            That's great to hear Mosca, congratulations to both of you!

Just whiffed my white pepper....... barnyard!

Comment

If it smells like sh-t it probably is sh-t is my take. Probably had some moisture in the container. The smell (aromatics) will carry over into your food IMHO.

Comment

Mine resembles barn yard poop to some extent. Parmeson stinks too. Both cases are a result of smelling too much at one time.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
                Steve Vojtek commented
                Editing a comment
                What about the smell of blue cheese? Wow but I love to eat it...... Great with sourdough bread

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Steve Vojtek Try some Mont D'Or or Eppoises some time. Yum!

• Steve Vojtek
                Steve Vojtek commented
                Editing a comment
                Not sure I can get 'em in Australia but I'll try. I love trying new foods. Thanks!!!

OK Mosca - good joke! So I took a big whiff and started sneezing like crazy. I'm not falling for that one again.

Comment

i think it smells like an orangutan's butt. i avoid the stuff as much as possible

Comment

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DeusDingo - please don't tell us how you know what an orangutan's butt smells like...

• DeusDingo
                  DeusDingo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  well, you see, i ran into Clint Eastwood one day and wouldn't you know it....

Just tried our McCormick ground white pepper and it smells like.......................................pepper.

Comment

Mine definitely smells like that. I grind it up fresh too.

Comment

Didn't you guys know......You can substitute manure for White pepper, and visa versa.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-1.jpeg
Views:	4174
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	272257

Comment

• scottranda
                      scottranda commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Next time I'll sprinkle on some manure for science sake. Will report back (from hospital)

• Skip
                      Skip commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's what I thought @Spinaker!!

This post is going to the toilet...

Comment

I just smelled what I had and out it goes, definitely has the poop smell. Oh and by the way I did not throw it in the toilet RonB just threw it in the trash, lol. I will just have to stick with the black pepper.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here