Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone into Pickling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Chief. Much appreciated!

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Pit Boss Dave, you and the crew continue to do a great job and i always enjoy when I have time to come back to the "Pit".

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Marauderer it's good to see you!

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Jon Solberg Hi Jon, busier than I want to be but, it lets me know i am alive. Have you had a good winter so far?

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice to see you Sir! How have you been!

Marauderer ,

• Marauderer
    replied
    Willy Just for you.

Mustard Recipe
    I found this recipe in Gourmet Magazine back when it was a bimonthly periodical.
    This makes about 1.5 cups
    It only takes about 10 min but you have to let the mustard seeds soak for two days.

½ cp mustard seeds (different seeds, different flavors)
    ¾ cp cider vinegar (I use Braggs)
    1/3 cp water
    1 ¼ tsp sugar
    1 ½ tsp salt

Soak mustard seeds in the vinegar and water for two days at room temp. (if seeds are not submerged add a bit of water until they are)
    Puree mixture with the sugar and salt in food processor, I use a hand blender, until almost smooth, about 2 min.
    Thin to desired consistency with additional water and season with salt to taste.
    Chilled the mustard will last at least a month.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Marauderer I'd love to see your mustard recipe. I made some last year and was not happy with the result.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Lots of recipes out there on the Interwebs if you google "pickled salmon" ... and they mostly look really tasty ...

• LangInGibsonia
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds delicious. To me though, that's a pretty quick pickle. I usually let mine ferment at room temp for at least a week, de-scuming every day after the first three days. It makes for a deeper sour dill flavor in my opinion.

• LangInGibsonia
    replied
    I love home fermenting and pickling. Anything I can do to not buy processed food from the grocery store is wonderful. I have a 10 lb. batch of 'kraut in the croc right now. Just about another month to go. (We like our 'kraut really funky!)

Leave a comment:

• Slim Pickens
    replied
    I use to work for a company that owned a salmon caning factory out in the oonies of Alaska. Spent a few days there and the cheif pickled some salmon he gave me his recipe,how ever I have lost it.

You could not eat one piece. You don't stop until it's all gone.

I would love to do that one!

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, that is the one

• Marauderer
    replied
    Is this the recipe you are referring to LINK

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Thanks for the input on the sweet pickle chips. I will have to look that up.

Barry

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis