Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon and Garfunkel Salad Dressing (Awesome!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon and Garfunkel Salad Dressing (Awesome!)

After finding a couple of old Good Seasons salad dressing carafes, I decided to make an oil and vinegar dressing substituting Simon and Garfunkel herb rub for the original Good Seasons mix. The carafe is marked with vinegar, water, and oil level lines as follows:
    • Vinegar - 2 oz.
    • Water - 1 oz.
    • Oil - 5 oz.
    Ingredients
    • 1 oz. balsamic vinegar (good stuff!¦ I use Villa Manadori)
    • 1 oz. good wine vinegar (red, white, champagne, pino grigio (my favorite)!¦ it really doesn't matter, though)
    • 1 oz. water
    • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. Simon and Garfunkel rub
    • Pinch kosher salt (since there is no salt in the rub)
    • 5 oz. extra virgin olive oil
    Put it together:
    • If using the Good Seasons carafe, shake to blend, otherwise
    • Whisk to blend
    Last edited by MBMorgan; July 24, 2016, 03:39 PM.

I've never had the Simon and Garfunkel rub, but this sounds great anyway. I've been wanting to make my own salad dressing, but never tried it.

Comment

• Michael Brinton
      Michael Brinton commented
      Editing a comment
      2 part sage
      1 part parsley
      " thyme
      " rosemary
      " oregano
      " basil
      " bay
      " sugar
      " pepper
      All dried. Chop to a powder in a blender. Chicken, pork, eggs, potatoes... Great with everything. Get creative.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, its killer on Chicken. And Prime Rib roasts too.

Dang! I have to make that!

Comment

My favorite rub. Awesome recipe. I grow a dedicated herb garden just to stock a years supply.

Comment

Dang MBMorgan great idea! I've got a couple Good Seasons carafes laying around. So doing this. Think I might add a tsp of grey poupon to it, too.

Comment

Grey Poupon sounds like a good idea. It could use a little thickening.

Comment

Cool idea man. I bet this is killer. Though I must admit.....not much of a salad guy.....I mean look at me.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              It's what you put ON the salad.

Gotta try this!

Comment

Our herb garden is in full glory right now, we have everything fresh but the bay leaf. I think I can put this together!

Comment

• Willy
                Willy commented
                Editing a comment
                If you live in a place warm enough to have an active garden now, you should be able to grow a bay tree with no problem

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, that was the middle of July. Now not so much!

I'll def try this
              I just made up a big batch of simon and garfuncel over the weekend

Comment

S&G rub is the boss. Love that stuff. Especially on wings!!!!

Comment

We are going to give it a try! Sounds good.

Comment

That is a great idea. I use that rub to saute thin chicken strips for my grandchildren, flavorful but not overpowering. Also use it on grated potato sandwiched in a waffle iron (fresh ground pepper also).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here