Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heinz goes modern with Customized Ketchup at restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinz goes modern with Customized Ketchup at restaurants

following in the footsteps of the Coke FreeStyle machines, you can now make your own customized version of Heinz Ketchup

My first reaction was just no, but I am in the I'll try it when it shows up camp

Comment

If I can get 16 mesh black pepper in my ketchup then I’m happy. Every time I visit a drive by burger store (the big brands) I always get 3 of those small paper cups with ketchup and put 3 of those tiny black pepper “bags” in each, and use a French fry to stir. Best thing ever!

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, now I gotta go buy some fries and try this!

• Oakgrovebacon
        Oakgrovebacon commented
        Editing a comment
        At a burger joint I frequent, large bottles of ketchup, glass salt and pepper shakers. Pepper is course ground, screw the lid off and coat a large dollop of ketchup until black. Great fry dipping!

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Henrik I'm gonna' try that.

My first thought was “something else to break!”

Comment

• captainlee
        captainlee commented
        Editing a comment
        And it will.

Some of my grandchildren combine ketchup and Ranch dressing. They call it Cranch

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like the ranch dressing and hot sauce combo here
        They call it Hanch.

🤢🤢🤢

Comment

Oh sweet jumping spiders on a stick.

Comment

I think it is bizarre they somehow did not include mayo as a mixer. That has to be a super popular combo.

Comment

• Bob K
            Bob K commented
            Editing a comment
            There needs to be a horseradish option

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            I like a 1:1 mix of Duke's and ketchup for my fries.

• Waster
            Waster commented
            Editing a comment
            Mayo, fries and maybe a cornichon or two is the best!

Hopefully McDonald's holds off on getting this machine. They need to get their milkshake machines to work flawlessly and reliably before adding another machine that breaks regularly in their line-up.

Comment

• smokenoob
            smokenoob commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, they keep running out of plastic filler to put in those shakes….🙄

someone will figure out how to screw the cap off so it all pours out on your burger…….
          flashback to the Woolworth’s diner counter with salt and pepper shakers……
          a friend told me about this……

Comment

I’d like to know what team of marketing geniuses heard consumers clamoring for this brilliant idea. I’ll smoke what they’re smoking.

“One goal of the machine is efficiency.” Translated: We want more money.

Comment

What can go wrong? 10 seconds to wait for it to mix and dispense plus the time to make your choices means long lines. And imagine keeping each of the ingredients replenished?

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                At at the proper temp (if required). I stand by my initial reaction.

Surely they will go with more than just four of their "enhancers"? At one of our local burger joints, I always go for their curry ketchup, both on my burger and my fries.

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this might be a welcome development. I've made my peace with the custom drink machine thing and find it fine to work with.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here