Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Hot Sauce Brand by State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Hot Sauce Brand by State

I thought this was pretty interesting: Instacart, the grocery shopping and delivery service, looked at what hot sauce brands were purchased by its customers from October 2020 to September 2021 grouped by US State.

Here are the results:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TopHotSauceBrandsInstacart.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	1111876

I was surprised that Franks was so ubiquitous. Also interesting that Tabasco is popular in Alaska. I have never heard of Berman's. (Sample size is unknown here....I am sure more states have more Instacart customers than others.)

Source: https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...-in-new-study/

I'm a Californian, but I've got to go with the rest of the West - Cholula is way better than Tapatio. But I think Valentina is better than both. Most of the time we use homemade, though.

Comment

I'm a Salsa Encino guy. Once you try it you won't want Tapatio or Cholula. It's closer to Valentina's in taste. made with Chile de arbol. so tasty!

Get SALSA Encino Hot Sauce delivered to you in as fast as 1 hour via Instacart or choose curbside or in-store pickup. Contactless delivery and your first delivery or pickup order is free! Start shopping online now with Instacart to get your favorite products on-demand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002230509-1.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1111888

Comment

• latenight71
        latenight71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Murdy I live in SoCal and was finding it on mostly smaller mexican market shelves and the larger Gonzalez Northgate chain but it's been getting harder to find. It's bottled in Jalisco, MX, and sold primarily in Mexico. There was a U.S. importer but after reading your post I checked the U.S. website and it is no longer up. I haven't tried the phone number, which is in Concord, CA, I believe. This is the website for the Mexico company - https://salsaencino.com/ . But they only ship to Mexico.

• latenight71
        latenight71 commented
        Editing a comment
        FYI Salsa Encino also has Instagram and Facebook pages

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        latenight71 Thanks for the info. We have a number of Mexican grocers in the area, I'll check that out when I get a chance.

We have Cholula and Franks in our fridge as staples right now.
      Out of Tabasco right now but its usually in there.
      Texas Pete not always available here.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        I`ve never seen that brand, where is it available

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s creators are from Sarnia and the local supermarkets here carry it. They call themselves Canada’s own hot sauce. It seems to be growing in popularity, I think they have two versions now. I have a bottle and I like it. I mentioned it in a post a couple of months ago.

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        If you do a search for Front Street Heat you will find my post and a picture of the bottle. It was back in March.

That makes sense to me. My mom is from outside of Memphis, and I grew up on Franks in Detroit. With all of the hot sauces available these days I have gone away from using Frank's as much, but I always have a bottle of it in the pantry.

Comment

Never heard of Burman's

We usually have several, always including Frank's, Secret Aardvark, Tabasco, and Sriracha, and typically a few specialty/smaller brands.

Comment

• ssandy_561
          ssandy_561 commented
          Editing a comment
          Growing up in south west NY we made plenty of trips to PA. I’ve had Burman’s plenty. It’s as close to Frank’s with it not being Frank’s as one can get. Burman’s is also sold at Aldi’s so it’s cheaper than Frank’s.
          Last edited by ssandy_561; October 18, 2021, 05:36 PM.

Matouks. It is a Caribbean staple.

Comment

You had to know Frank’s would be the overwhelming favorite. Cause people put that S€!T on everything.

Comment

Very surprising. I thought it would be Tabasco by far. I grew up with that stuff. I had switched to Franks but still I thought Tabasco was much more commonly used.

Comment

We used to have Tapatio around for decades but lately it has been Valentina.

Comment

I much prefer Crystal hot sauce, but in the past month or so I cannot find it anywhere . Valentinas or Cholula are mainstays on our kitchen table.

I think Berman's is an Aldi brand or at least that's where it's sold around these parts...
                Last edited by au4stree; October 18, 2021, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Hmm, I live in a Burman’s state and have never seen nor heard of it and I look for different hot sauces. I don’t shop Aldi though.

Comment

Either I’m doing something right, or following the masses. Cholula is my favorite as well as the rest of my state in NM. However I do have a few of the other hot sauces listed on the map. Nice to have options!

Comment

Frank’s doesn’t surprise me as it’s the backbone of a Buffalo wing. I am kind of surprised that Tabasco wasn’t the top for most states given its ubiquity as the standard/generic hot sauce. No clue what Burmans is.

Comment

So a small number of people in Texas order that, I would like to see that confirmed by H‑E‑B.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here