Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey Pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Pastrami

I showed a friend of mine my pastrami cook from this weekend and was then given a request. She doesn't eat red meat so asked if I could make a turkey version.

Anybody know of a recipe or have suggestions on a direction to head in? Perhaps Meathead has even already done this?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Did this one time. Liked it but have never repeated, not a huge fan of turkey to begin with....

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Turkey may have a fowl taste.
      But when grilled, pairs well with PBR.

I dry cure vs wet, but I used my regular pastrami cure, just for less time since it was thinner. But basically yeah, use the same cure and if you're using MH's recipe, use the calculator to get time, etc.

Comment

Yes, I have done it numerous times. Using the same recipe on the free site and adjust the curing time for the curing calculator. Then smoke to 155 degrees and serve. you can also steam the turkey pastrami after the smoke but I only do that when re-heating the leftovers.

Below is a link to one that I posted here. I know I had a few other posts on this topic but can't seem to find them.

I was in the Publix Grocery Store in Greenville, SC and they have an excellent deli/sandwich section. Just for the heck if it, I tried turkey pastrami. I was shocked how good it was. I've made QVQ brisket pastrami (thanks Troutman and Jerod Broussard!) and thought it was fantastic, but I gotta say the turkey pastrami was really

Comment

Well that solves that! Thanks shify rickgregory Troutman

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here