Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shredded chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shredded chicken

Finals all weekend so I had to make enough food to last and not have my wife starve to death.

Started yesterday with dry brining overnight and injecting with some chicken broth.

Today I pulled em out and hit em with the simon and garfunkel then into the smoker at 350 for 2 hours until they had an IT of 160, then I pulled them and pulled them.

Something weird happened when I was almost done cooking and the smoker refused to go above 295 with the water pan in (even empty) so I yanked it and just ran the smoker without.

Hawaiian rolls, carmelized onions and some Carolina mustard sauce to finish em off.

Plenty of leftovers for the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11389.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	98689 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11390.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	98690

Name:	image_11391.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	98691 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11392.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	98692

Name:	image_11393.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	98693 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_11394.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	98694
    Last edited by ForSure88; July 24, 2015, 06:09 PM.

Looking good.

Comment

Thanks, idk why the pictures all showed up sideways!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here