Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken with Mashed Cauliflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken with Mashed Cauliflower

Dinner last night was boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs, cooked on the Rec Tec (about 40 minutes at 325F) with a quick shot under the broiler. Served with my first attempt at mashed cauliflower. The mashed cauliflower was microwaved then put into the Blendtec Twister Jar with butter salt and pepper. Very tasty but was more whipped than mashed, going to try a slower speed next time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken-mashed-cali.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	95517

Looks and sounds delicious. We have started making mashed cauliflower. Some of what we add (not all at once - trying different versions): Chives, bacon bits, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, butter, pepper (black or others). The chicken is beautiful.

-David

Comment

If you want a more mashed texture, steam the cauliflower and add a bunch of freshly grated parmesan cheese when processing.

Comment

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry but this boy is lactose intolerant. Even before that happened, I couldn't stand parmesan cheese!

Update on the mashed cauliflower. Made it again, same basic recipe except I added a touch of granulated garlic, but this time I ran it on a slow speed for a shorter time. Much, much better!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here