Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey Breasts....Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Breasts....Where?

Should've written this a couple of weeks back, but where do all of you buy just turkey breast to smoke? I only find whole turkeys and those part dark part white meat turkey roasts. I'm in Northern Illinois but curious about the rest of the country as well. Thanks!

I get my boneless, whole turkey breast from my local butcher - not the grocery store butcher. It comes looking like the photo in the link. I have never bought from the folks in the link but it is the best photo I could find of what mine looks like. It is funny - at Thanksgiving, they are "frozen, fresh". The rest of the year they are simply "frozen". The price of frozen fresh is greater but I think they all come in the same box.

Comment

My local grocery store has them frozen all year round. They’re more expensive than at Thanksgiving, but always available.

Comment

Our fresh Butterball bone-in breast came from our local Publix. It had been injected, so I only hit with Hank's KC Royale and grilled at 325 with lots of pecan wood chunks. Turned out incredibly juicy and very tasty.

Comment

I usually buy 2 or 3 for the chest freezer around this time of year. They’re pretty seasonal around here and the price can’t be beat.

Comment

Our grocery store (Super Valu) has them most of the year.

Comment

Here in Va Beach I can get them at Kroger/Harris Teter, Walmart, Costco, BJ's. Not sure if any of those chains are near you.
            My wife just chimed in and said that not all the time are they next to regular turkeys. Says they are usually in their own open chest freezer.

Comment

Actually, I search the internet, Google it. I can get a list of local stores.

Comment

I had the same issue for Thanksgiving, did my test cook with a Butterball, but I wanted something bigger for Thanksgiving. Found on at a local butcher who didn’t have it listed online or in the store, had to ask when I went in. He said the boss laughed at him when he ordered 3 cases, but he sold them all and ordered more.

Comment

I buy my butterball Turkey breast from walmart. Sometimes you have to ask a meat counter person.

Comment

I am getting one for Xmas from my local Butcher. It will be skin off, but it will have bacon on it. Not sure I will be allowed to smoke or BBQ it for Xmas day though, the wife and mother in law will probably want food at a set time. :/ I have actually never seen whole Turkey breast in the supermarket over here.

Comment

In my store they are in one of the small separate chest freezers that you slide the clear lid over on, they have the odds & ends things in them like Cornish game hens and others similar things. Wrapped up like a small turkey in a white plastic bag & netting just like a Butterball.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here