Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Chicken or Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Chicken or Turkey

Any good ways to get chicken or turkey to pull or shred like beef and pork? Skip

I've seen pulled chicken done a couple of different ways. I think the way you're most interested in is the barbecue option. Basically you cook to juicy doneness and take the meat off before it starts drying out. Personally I target 160F for this sweet spot. The following recipe works very well for pulled chicken: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/chick...d_chicken.html

The other way I've seen is from childhood. Mom, Grandmoms, Aunts, would pressure cook the heck out of the chicken until it fell off the bone, then they'd make chicken and dumplings. Folks raved over them but I never really understood the appeal.

Comment

If you are using boneless chicken a Potato Masher works amazing!

Comment

Slightly more involved with a little more science thrown in for good measure, but if you cook the chicken in a water oven (sous vide) at 140℉ overnight, the chicken will fall apart naturally just like pulled pork. then throw it into a smoker at low heat just to infuse the smoke into the chicken, it makes for some tasty pulled chicken. In fact, even the toughest cut of beef will work too (though I've had to cook them for 2+ days).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here