Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a picture of burnt chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a picture of burnt chicken

I'm working on a Deep Dive ebook on chicken and I need a picture of burnt chicken like this one from the Food Network. I'd like to use it but I don't have permission and I don't want to be sued. Do one of you have such a picture I can use? I WON'T give you photo credit unless you want it.
    Attached Files

I'd love to share such a picture, but you taught me how to not burn chicken and still get it done and tasty

Edit: I found this picture with a couple of the thighs a bit black.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4126.jpeg
Views:	342
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	908052
    Last edited by ecowper; September 8, 2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      what it shows, I think, is that when you are getting that skin well browned and crispy, you have to be really careful about timing and watching to see that it doesn't burn. Happens really quickly.

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      NO! Too pretty. I'd eat that!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Meathead That’s chicken cooked for Chicken Teriyaki ... takes a lot of work to get the skin just right. If you aren’t careful, it goes from very dark and crispy to burnt in about 30 seconds.

When I have chicken like that, I don't take pics. I take the skin off, add some BBQ sauce and serve.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't either. Pictures of burnt cooks kinds of "Salt and Pepper Rub" in wounds.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora - I think you really need to explore your anger issues with your mother in law with a good therapist! 😁😁😁😁

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora my Mother-In-Law deserved (and loved) great cooking .. my mother, on the the other hand ...

This?

Name:	20200516_185230.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	908091Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_191436.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	908092 or this? I don't see either as burnt, just Crisp with the a crunch.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeez, don't you know how to properly burn something?

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll keep working at it.

Give me an hour and I'll get back to you! LOL

Comment

Is this burnt enough?

Name:	20200519_190715.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	908114

Definitely didn't taste burnt but there are some dark spots. Not sure if that is what you need or not.

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Barely on the line. Who wouldn't eat that?

Not my finest work, but it tasted alright.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        The winner!

• USMCCrashCrew89
        USMCCrashCrew89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Woo! I can brag about chicken so photographic it’s published! I don’t have to say WHY it was photographic, right?

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee
        or well caramelized

That Food Network picture cracks me up because, unless I am mistaken, the Food Network did not intend that picture to be an example of "what not do do" although it obviously is. Didn't anyone working on that project think to speak up and say "Uh ... guys? Are we really going to run a picture of badly burned chicken?"

"Don't worry! We'll put some lemons around it and arrange it nicely."

Comment

Try scanning through the FAIL thread, surely lots of stuff to use in there: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...aps-and-oopses

Comment

Ratz, too bad my fathers not around anymore, I could send you some real doozies of carbon glazed hen.

Comment

• gilbertpilz
            gilbertpilz commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. As many times as my father prepared chicken that was burned black on the outside and dangerously raw in the middle he never figured out that you couldn't cook it over direct heat.

Or you can photoshop a picture of properly cooked chicken into burned chicken, aliens, anything.

Comment

I would have used this rotisserie chicken but nobody would believe it was really an accident and not done on purpose.
            Attached Files

Comment

• SonOfAButcher
              SonOfAButcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Spun until it hit a balmy 900 degrees....:-)

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              wow

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like maybe a grease fire got that one!

I don't know if this is burned enough - I scanned through a year worth of photos, and this was the most burned looking chicken I could find...

Name:	IMG_1796.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	908430

Comment

If only I had taken a picture of the chicken from when I did beer butt chicken directly over the flame on my gasser, so the beer boiled over, along with the chicken fat melting down. That was some properly burned chicken! Also from before when I started reading how to BBQ at Amazing Ribs, and started taking pictures of the stuff I cooked.

Comment

Name:	648EE9A8-5CF7-4AF9-9D15-6DC6D440EEE9.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	908513Click image for larger version

Name:	258F9220-B20A-45D6-9A9E-5D58EC01397A.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	908512

Comment

• treesmacker
                  treesmacker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep - that's burnt - at least the skin is!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here