Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday dinner with some neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday dinner with some neighbors

Used Malcom Reed's Chicken Barbecue recipe. Used his The BBQ Sauce for the glaze on half of the chicken and Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce for the glaze on the other half. Both were winners.
    Attached Files

LOVE me some bbq chicken. Looks really tasty pitmaster!

Comment

Mainly a wings person myself but those look so very edible that I would not say no. Good job Sir.

Comment

Yum. Winner winner chicken dinner. Nice job. Those are some big looking legs. Tasty

Comment

Oh MY, looks like quite a feast!

Last edited by bbqLuv; August 31, 2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Looks fantastic! Big fan of Malcolm Reed.

One of my favorites is BBQ chicken thighs. I de-bone them and keep the skin on.

Comment

That is great looking chicken!

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Great lookin yardbird, also nice pics!

Good Job!

Comment

I thought my 6th wife had great legs.....Wow!

Comment

I’ll be ur neighbor any day !!!!!
                      Ill even shovel ur driveway !!!!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                        HawkerXP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice. NC

Here chick, chick, chickee.

Comment

I have made Malcom's Barbecue Chicken recipe 3 times now on 2 different smokers. It always comes out great. I only cook dark meat, mainly leg quarters. It's now my favorite way to make BBQ chicken. Yours looks great, by the way. I have shortened up the time intervals between moppings/bastings because the first time it was just a tad overcooked for my taste, though still plenty good.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                          Dewesq55 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          hdwwomcbb - It's a striped bass. Or, as they call them on the Eastern Shore where I caught it, a rock fish. I used to go surf fishing there every fall for stripers and that is the only one I ever caught. At least it was a nice one. 40 inches, 25 lbs.

On the chicken, I like dark meat cooked a bit more as well, but that means 185°-190°. The first time I did Malcom's recipe they got up around 200°and that was a little too done. My MIL only eats white meat. So she has never had Malcom's chicken.

• hdwwomcbb
                          hdwwomcbb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm from Maryland, have sailed all 150 miles of the bay, and love rockfish, especially stuffed with crab. Never caught one anywhere near that one.

• Dewesq55
                          Dewesq55 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          hdwwomcbb - Assateague Beach in the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge.

A whole lotta chicken love & a good time was had by all! 👌

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here