Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey Injection recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jharner
    commented on 's reply
    Jerod is spot on, can't go wrong with Creole Butter. Works great with chicken also

• jpietrantone
    replied
    So I was finally able to smoke the turkey today. I brined it approximately 24 hours in apple juice, brown sugar, and salt. I smoked it hot and fast around 325 for 5.5 hours. It was very moist and tasted great! Thank you for all of the suggestions.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on this.

• stokester
    replied
    I've done a few, all spatchcocked, dry brined in the fridge the previous night with no injection. Using the Simon & Garfunkel rub and shooting for cooking temps 300-325 give me a good juicy bird. Keeping the dark meat nearest the fire on my Weber SnS setup gets the temp right and keeps the breast meat moist.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    If you don’t have quick access to any prepared commercial injections a melted butter and/or oil will do.

• jpietrantone
    commented on 's reply
    No, fresh frozen 13 pounder.

• jharner
    replied
    Jerod Broussard is spot on Tony Chachere's creole butter injection is great for turkey and chicken

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Has your turkey been injected at the factory with anything?

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    I don't inject, usually brine over night using 1/4 of the suggested kosher salt.
    Like Jarod I cook turkeys whole in the 300-350 range depending on my Kegs mood that day.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I go to town with Tony Chachere's butter injection and a light sprinkling of Tony Chachere's seasoning on the surface. 325-350. I cut out the collar bones before I inject. I don't spatchcock, keeping it intact increases the cooking time and subsequent browning of the skin.

Leave a comment:

• jpietrantone
    started a topic Turkey Injection recommendations

Turkey Injection recommendations

Going to attempt my first smoked turkey next weekend. What's everyone's recommendations on injections and smoke temp? Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here