Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elotes (Mexican Street Corn) Chicken?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elotes (Mexican Street Corn) Chicken?!?

Hey folks! 😊 Just happened to "mad scientist" my way into something delicious, and wanted to share it with the crew in case somebody hadn’t already stumbled onto it!

Last weekend I took my first poke at elotes (Mexican street corn), and it came out great! As per my usual, I had a bunch of the sauce left over and was thinking about what to do with it... "More corn certainly isn’t the wrong answer, because that sauce is the bomb.com. But I wonder what it’d be like if I put it on chicken... 🤔"

Folks I tell you what, a generous post cook slather of the sauce on a nicely grilled chicken breast with some of the cheese sprinkled over the top made for some DAMN fine eating! 🤤 Next time your thinking about something to do with chicken instead of the same-ol’, same-ol’, give this a shot and I think you’ll be pleased.

Recipe is here - https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/re...-recipe-elotes

Enjoy, and please drop back by and let me know what you think. 👍

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks for posting this, if the grocer still has fresh corn I'll give this a try along with the chicken.

Comment

Im in! Thanks for the post im picking up the ingredients tomorrow! Looking forward to something different!

Comment

Oh yeah! Elote is one of my favorite sides! Troutman came up with a "elote his way" recipe that I use often! It’s an elote corn salad - wonderful!!!!

here’s the link in the even you want to start playing around with your recipe - but thanks for sharing the one above!

Corn season is right around the corner and as a boy growing up in the Midwest, nothing was better than freshly picked sweet corn on the cob slathered in butter and

Comment

• gdsim1
            gdsim1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the point in the right direction sir! The idea has definitely got me intrigued, and it’s definitely worth a shot! 👍

Elote means corn cob. Off the cob, in salad for it's called esquites. Just saying. I love elote.

Comment

• gdsim1
            gdsim1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Noted, and thank you for the education. I’d hate for my Spanish speaking friends to show up thinking they were getting corn on the cob, just to have me stick corn salad in front of them. 👍

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here