Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Tips on Smoked Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    +2 on the spatchcock and watch your fat burn off, a duck has a lot more than a chicken. I would even go so far as to cut some slits through the skin of the breast to get rid of the fat under there.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    +1 on the spatchcock. And watch that fire when searing, like Dadof3Illinois says, that fat is gonna burn in no time.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    So you're doing a whole duck right? Just remember it's best served med rare and it's easy to over cook and trying to get all the fat rendered out and get bite through skin on a smoker/grill is difficult to say the least!! I like to spatchcock and front sear then move to indirect at 300F, when it reaches 140-145, sear again to try and crisp the skin. Just really watch and make sure to not burn the skin, you'll have a ton of fat dripping out so flare ups will happen when searing.

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    replied
    This is the one recipe that I keep coming back to... https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...barbecued-duck

Leave a comment:

• DiverDriver
    started a topic Any Tips on Smoked Duck

Any Tips on Smoked Duck

I plan on smoking a Duck in my gas smoker. Plan on maple chips and dry brine and reverse sear. The duck is 6 lbs pastured but fatty. Any tips from ones more experienced appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here