Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My best Turkey EVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best Turkey EVER

Kind of a last minute decision, so we didn't have an opportunity to salt it. I kept the center burner on low, that was a mistake, I boiled most of the juice out of the gravy pan..

I took the bird off at 160 and wrapped it in foil put it back on the grill with one burner on low, while we prepared gravy and other stuff.

Luna Bianca pairs perfectly with Turkey!

….there's always canned gravy.....ask me how I know
    Nice lookin boid, always cook buzzard whole never split like this, great color

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, thought I was lazy!
      I keep a few assorted packets of gravy mix in th pantry, cause ya jus never know...

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Boxed turkey stock/broth, flour, butter, a tsp or so of soy sauce, salt and pepper (black and white) et voilà! Turkey gravy!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I've even been known to doctor up roasted turkey gravy in a jar with some Worchestershire sauce, onion and garlic powders, and whatever else I think may taste good and serve it with leftovers after the real deal has run out.

Kathryn

Looks great!

Comment

Right amount of smoke. Used Cherry pellets in a smoke tray.

garlic buttery smashed potatoes. stuffing, OMG, the gravy wow. Green beans, and fresh milk bread.

But, I can not brag enough on how well Luna Bianco wine pears with Turkey. It's like a combination of a Chardonnay and reisling.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I generally serve Pinot Noir with turkey dinner. Turkey is "gamey" enough to handle the red.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        fzxdoc I generally serve a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with turkey. Although you can’t go wrong with a nice sparkling wine like a California Domaine Chandon

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Dewesq55 and ecowper Usually Pinot Noir is my go-to for turkey dinner but I always have a crisp white Sauv Blanc there too. So we're all of like mind.

A lot of folks recommend a hearty Cab but I just can't roll with that for turkey and the trimmings.

Kathryn

Great looking turkey! Yum. Wonderful post and picture.

Comment

That is one fine lookin turkey, amigo! Nicely done!

Comment

Nice looking bird. I still like to cook mine whole as you can tell from my picture.

Comment

Looks marvelous. I want some leftovers, please.

Kathryn

Comment

I love when someone give me the bird on AR!
              That is one good looking turkey!

Comment

Beauty! I love cooking them spatchcocked, too

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here