Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weeknight chicken thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weeknight chicken thighs

New here, hopefully someone finds this tasty
    • 1/4 cup soy sauce (I like tamari)
    • 2 tbsp honey
    • 2 tbsp siracha
    • 1 lb boneless skinless thighs
    ​​​​​​Mix the first three ingredients together. If you want if spicier add more siracha, sweeter, add more honey, saltier, add more soy. Wisk together. Marinate chicken thighs for at least 30 minutes. Sear on a hot grill until done. You can baste the thighs as they're searing with the marinade, it carmelizes nicely on the fatty edges of the thighs.

Serve with rice and braised bok choy (a little oil and soy sauce in a hot skillet), or Asian Cole slaw (google has several great recipes).

Nice. Really quick and easy and I am sure really tasty. I will do this immediately. Thx.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

We do a lot of Asian style cooking. This sounds good and will give it a spin. Thks for sharing.

Comment

• ATX_Ben
        ATX_Ben commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I'd definitely call it "asian style". This came from me thinking about flavors and just kind of mixing ingredients, so I'd hesitate to shroud it in any authenticity

I use a Teriyaki marinade all the time and sometimes marinade up to 4 hours. Greetings from the mountains of NC.

Comment

Sounds great. I usually do the boneless, skinless thighs once a week in a variety of different ways each week. I’ll have to try this one next time. Cole Slaw is a once a weeker, too.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
          Dadof3Illinois commented
          Editing a comment
          The boneless skinless grilled thighs make great chicken sandwiches!!!

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          Dadof3Illinois we don’t do a lot of sandwiches, but I can see why that would work. We’ll often cook them and cut them into strip for a wrap or as fajitas.
          Last edited by LA Pork Butt; May 15, 2020, 05:39 PM.

Sounds delicious, especially with the braised bok choy. You got to load some pics.

Comment

• ATX_Ben
          ATX_Ben commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do! I just joined and wanted to start giving back ASAP We do this about every other week, so it shouldn't be too long.

Pics !!!!!!

Comment

Going to do this tonight, but substitute harissa for sriracha :-) .... updating real quick

We use harissa (Meathead's recipe, basically) instead of sriracha for most things. So, modified the marinade just a bit as follows. Will let you know how my modifications turn out.

1/2 cup soy sauce
          3 tbsp harissa
          4 tbsp honey
          1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
          1 tsp fresh ground ginger

8 chicken thighs .... they are in the marinade now. Will grill them tonight.

thanks for an awesome idea that my wife got super excited to have me try :-)
          Last edited by ecowper; May 15, 2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• ATX_Ben
            ATX_Ben commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! I do crushed garlic and grated ginger sometimes, I don't notice a strong difference. Let me know how it works with the harissa!

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            ATX_Ben it’s on the grill now and driving me bonkers with the smells. My hounds are circling the grill, so apparently they approve too

ATX_Ben ..... that’s a great idea. Cooked up some chicken thighs yesterday based on this. Harissa and Worcestershire gave it less of a vinegar tang, and a deeper heat, I think. My wife really prefers chicken breasts, but she thought this was pretty good. I cooked the thighs indirect at 300 until they were about 170F and then onto the grill grates for some direct, high heat until the skin was crispy. Was very tasty!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FD3B651C-898D-46E7-A42D-8D3C06A7D4EF.jpeg
Views:	328
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	846832

Comment

ecowper here's how we do it!

Name:	IMG_20200521_193054.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	850092
            Costco chicken thighs are cheap, but super irregular (all different sizes). Anyway, I like boneless skinless thighs for this recipe.I cook the on a blazing hot grill so the sugar carmelizes and the fat burns. The bitter from the char compliments the sweet, spicy, and umami really nicely I feel.

Grilled on high til done:

Name:	IMG_20200521_213400.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	850093
            We use these for build your own Asian salad (hopefully no one takes offense to this description).

Name:	IMG_20200521_214144.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	850094
            The salad dressing is:
            - 1/4 cup gochujaru (sometimes spelled kochugaru, we have an Asian supermarket called HMart near us that we shop at, but amazon has it I'm sure)
            - 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (if you have unseasoned, add some sugar, which is the only difference)
            - 1/4 cup soy sauce
            - 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil (you can add a bit more to get the right consistency or balance if you find it too salty)
            - 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
            - 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
            - fresh ginger (about the same amount as garlic, but use less if you don't like ginger), chopped.

Mix all that stuff together in a jar and shake it real good. Toss it on some julliened cabbage, and add some matchstick carrots, green onions, whatever else you like. You can add some mayo if you like it creamy, or sub some fish sauce for some soy sauce if you're not married to my wife.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here