Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Turkey tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Turkey tips

For anyone familiar with Baltimore Pit Beef, most places also serve pit turkey, a boneless breast cooked in a similar fashion. I’d like to make this at home over the weekend, but can’t find any good recipes to work from. I imagine that you’ll want to be a little more gentle with a turkey breast than with roast beef. And unfortunately, searching "Pit Turkey" in the pit master club returns every mention of "turkey" in the "pit" master club, so it’s not very helpful.

Anyone with any experience or tips?

Thanks.

Mike

Have you seen this one on the free site?
    If you're a turkey breast fan then you're sure to fall in love with Bobby Flay's recipe for tandoori style grilled turkey breast. Turkey breast can be difficult to cook as it can easily overcook but Flay's flavorful marinade helps to keep it moist and tender while grilling.

Comment

I have. Pit turkey has such a charred exterior that any reasonable recipe is going to be hard to adapt, and turkey breast is so unforgiving that I’m worried about nuking it. Didn’t know if anyone had any experience attempting it directly and had any insight to share.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here