Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sigh...thighs again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh...thighs again

Thighs again. Slim pickin's in the meat dept these days. I ain't complaining. Neither is my wife! Click image for larger version

Name:	4 4 20.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	825863

Thighs are all I buy usually anyway. The only decision is bone in or boneless/skinless. Nice looking cook. What's the difference in the 2 groups?

Comment

• Blues1
      Blues1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The six to the left are a dry brine/rub with Rec Tec Durty Gurl (bloody mary rub). The one to the right were marinaded overnight from a recipe I picked up from the net. Good, but the Durty Gurl was outstanding. I did brush a little sauce on them. Sticky Fingers on the left and Jeffs on the right.
      Last edited by Blues1; April 4, 2020, 04:52 PM.

Thighs are the bomb! By far my favorite piece of chicken, and so cheap (usually). They cook up like huge meaty delectable wings, and who doesn't love wings?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto, I also season em up all Cajun, smoke em, use em in my jambalaya, gumbo, etc.

• Blues1
      Blues1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got that right!

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thighs and drumsticks!!

They're good but not quite as good as tenderloins wrapped in thigh skin.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds a little dirty, Jerod. 😯

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 might I remind you of the nice little word that your audio/autocorrect put into this forum not too long ago

I've got the opposite problem, not finding thighs just bulk boneless skinless breasts...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Jus gotta doll em up, more; marinadin definitely helps, I usually use Zesty Italian salad dressing, usually store brand, marinade over night, flippin a few times.
      Add yer fave seasonins/rubs, then plop em on th cooker, an don't let em dry out.
      Use leftovers fer fajitas, in Cajun dishes, Mexican dishes, stir fry, soups, etc. Million of ways ya can cook em up nice, so if that's what ya can find, grab some, enjoy em.
      I usually buy multiple 3# bags of these, when they go on sale.

• lemayp
      lemayp commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been going more towards Indian flavors, using what do I have at home version of the yogurt marinade from https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...bs-recipe.html. Grilling them whole though. Leftovers have ended up in a version of https://www.mexicanplease.com/easy-b...avocado-sauce/.

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I found boneless, skinless thighs. What an abomination!! +1 on what Mr. Bones says. Italian dressing marinade is great! I also score the breasts as well. Marinade goes deeper that way.

If you are looking for something different to do with thighs .... here’s my method for teriyaki chicken

Well, okay, I only have one .... but it's darn good. Posting it for richinlbrg, who apparently has more chicken thighs than he knows what to do with. But figured

Comment

That looks like a treat! Can't help but be good!

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s great! Whole fam loves it and it’s a different thing to do with thighs on the grill

Love thighs. I usually get them with bones and skin then de-bone them. Awesome on the grill. Cook just like wings using the Vortex. Crispy skin the are amazing. Use whatever rub or marinade you like. Lately I have hooked on a Jalapeno Garlic rub.

I freeze the bones and make soup with them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here