Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thai style chicken thingamajig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thai style chicken thingamajig

Let's do Thai style chicken thingamajig.
    Chop up some boneless skinless chicken thighs. Then run them through a food processor.

Now get about 2 tablespoons of coconut cream. I rarely use coconut milk, I prefer the cream. Trader Joe's makes great coconut cream.
    Add that to a large bowl, add some fish sauce, cumin, Thai red curry paste, lemongrass paste, finely diced red bell peppers, grated garlic, grated ginger and cilantro.

Mix that mess

Add the Chicken and season with salt, mix well.

Here you can cover and let it firm up in the refrigerator.
    Then form patties.

Fry em up
    I used a mini skillet

You can go low carb with julienned carrots and cucumbers.

With peanut sauce

Or make a sammich.

Fantastic!
    If you make this for adults only, mix in some Sriracha with the Chicken.
    Last edited by Ernest; May 6, 2015, 07:21 PM.

Pretty cool, need to give those a try. What setting did you use on the food processor?

Comment

_John_ I used my hand held blend, just pulse.

Comment

Ernest, did you make your own peanut sauce? If so, do you have a recipe? By the way, this looks delicious!!

Comment

Ray thank you! Yes I made my own peanut sauce. All ingredient amounts are eye balled. Taste and adjust:
          • a cup of coconut cream ( I prefer cream over coconut milk). Trader Joe's has great coconut cream.
          • 1/3 cup peanut butter. You can use chunky but make sure the peanut butter ingredients is peanuts ONLY
          • 1/3 cup sugar
          • A tablespoon regular white vinegar.
          • About 2 teaspoons kosher salt
          • About a 1/4 cup water
          • Some Asian hot sauce, I go with Gochujang (Korean) or Sriracha.
          Dump all that in a sauce pan and bring to a very gentle simmer for about 5 minutes. Cool taste and adjust seasoning, serve or store in refrigerator for weeks.

Comment

• Ray
            Ray commented
            Editing a comment
            @Ernest.Thanks, Ernest! I've got a graduation open house upcoming and we'll be serving chicken satay among other things so this will be very helpful.

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            NICE!! Goes really well with salmon or grilled shrimp.

Ernest, You are my hero.

ETA, can you give approximations on the ingredients in the chicken cakes? I understand you don't measure, but those are hard to eyeball. It looks like 6 thighs, 1/2 a red pepper, 1 T of the thai chile paste and lemongrass paste, and the same of the fish sauce, maybe 1 t of the cumin, 2 cloves garlic, an equal amount of ginger, and 1/4 of a handful of cilantro?
          Last edited by Mosca; May 7, 2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

See Mosca your eyeballing skills are just fine!! You missed the red pepper, used less than half. More like 2 tablespoons worth after dicing. And I'd say close to 2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste.

Comment

"Ernest can't cook Thai"

"Oh no, Ernest can cook Thai, Ernest cook Thai VERY WELL!

Comment

LOL!! Jerod Broussard I was reading that normally then switched to reading in Thai accent.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here