Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peri Peri Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peri Peri Chicken

Since the "new normal" of social distancing and shut downs caused us to cancel our annual family spring trip, I decided to embrace the bunkering in by keeping the time off and doing some cooking on the Pit Barrel..

I’ve wanted to make Peri Peri chicken since I ran across a recipe last summer. I’ve seen several different versions (some call it Piri Piri...don’t know if both are correct or not) but I chose this one b/c it did not use a pre-made sauce, but a homemade one that included coconut milk.

Peri-Peri Chicken – a mildly spicy luscious chicken dish bursting with interesting complex flavors from Peri-Peri Sauce, Creole Seasoning...

This site has a recipe for the chicken marinade and one for a sauce. I just made the sauce (almost the same as the marinade) and just added the coconut milk. Seasoned the chicken with Butcher BBQ’s Grilling Addiction and the marinade overnight.

Used B&B lump with a chimney of Kingsford Longburn and a chunk of pecan. Cooked until the breast was 160. Took some of the unused sauce and heated it with some butter and a little more brown sugar and drizzled it over the chicken. Grilled some asparagus and made smashed Parmesan potatoes.

This was a huge hit! The chicken was perfect... tender and super moist. Skin was smoker crispy and enjoyable. The sauce had a little bite and a lot of flavor. (I used 4 small Thai chilies but you can add more of course.) The adds of the asparagus and potatoes seemed to round it out perfectly. And as much as I like this...my wife like it even more...which is always a win. If you haven’t tried it before, I would recommend it.
    Attached Files

Piri Piri is a staple sauce in our pantry.
    Portuguese chicken, a version of this recipe is huge here with many take out kitchens making it.
    I have made it in the oven, will give this on e a go.

Comment

"smoker crispy" --I like that term. Your chicken looks so good. I'm going to try that.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here