Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Wings

Tonight for supper made chicken wings with three toppings. The first was old fashioned salt and pepper. The second tried Kosmos "Wing Dust - Original Buffalo" and the third was a Korean Gochujang sauce. I had a meeting I had to attend and my wife helped cook and so she missed the target temp (I told her it might take an hour to get to 165-170 and she set a timer) and I pulled them when they were 196. They were cooked on the Yoder at 350. They were still juicy although the skin was a bit chewy. They didn’t get an overnight time to dry out in the fridge like I do when I spatchcock a chicken so not sure if that didn’t contribute to some of the chewiness also.

That said, I liked the Wing Dust and it easy and quick and if you don’t want to take time to do your own buffalo Sauce it is a nice substitute, however, I wouldn’t recommend dry brining as the rub has plenty of salt. The Korean Gochujang sauce was really tasty. I got the recipe from the 15 Spatulas web page. I’m planning on doing this again for sure.
    Attached Files

Awesome!

I love some wings on my Grilla… did some over the weekend... My wife loves the Kingsford Lemon Pepper rub... I used some Mike Mills Magic Dust and also some McCormick's garlic chipotle....

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you run the Grilla wide open when you are doing wings?

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker , I do not... or haven't yet.... I put them on as soon as I hit the power button... that way the door is closed by the time the smoke starts to roll during startup.... I run 325 -350. Skin might not be the absolute crispiest but that really isn't a huge deal for us... especially with the wing pieces where one bite can be half the piece itself. I should try it sometime though and see what happens.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. when I was testing a pellet rig I ran it wide open and I was really impressed with the wings I got off that thing. So Iw as curious how the Grilla preformed under the same conditions.

I love that wing dust. I tried the ghost pepper once and it was straight fire. The buffalo is much more manageable.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here