Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey on Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey on Traeger

Just got new Traeger and cooking the reliable turkey recipe from Meathead. But, I’ve now learned there is not much room between the grill and catch pan below. Anyone have a resource for a large pan that would fit under for the gravy drippings? I know I’m not getting it today but for next year.

I use a foil pan underneath it and cut the 4 corners a little bit and squeeze it underneath the grates. I don’t have a Traegar though, but could work for you.

Comment

• ScottWheeler
      ScottWheeler commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s funny - that’s what I did. Not ideal but it worked.

I posted the same question in the Traeger topic. I ended up putting the bird on the top shelf and the gravy pan on the lower shelf. There was just enough room for the spatchcocked 14 pounder. Turned out pretty well.

Comment

• ScottWheeler
      ScottWheeler commented
      Editing a comment
      I cooked my turkey whole so that wouldn’t have worked. I thought I had a great solution. My son and I took some nuts and bolts and attached to the middle grille. The bolts rested on the grille lip, raising it by and inch or so. Perfect and the turkey fit! Problem was, door didn’t close all the way. With chilly weather that would have slowed cooking considerably. I’m going to search for a large (maybe 18”x30”) low profile roasting pan.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here