Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Whole, spatchcocked, split or parted out on T-Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Spatchcocked

Leave a comment:

• crazytown3
    replied
    12lb spatchcocked, grilled on the Performer. Trimmed and dry brined last night. Will use S&G rub tomorrow morning. Making gravy tonight with all the trimmed parts.

Leave a comment:

• Bobby Q's
    replied
    Deboning and then using the Slow N Sear on the Weber or maybe the Lang ... Thats the only thing im debating. Which one? A grill or a smoker?

Leave a comment:

• ssandy_561
    replied
    I’m splitting a 13 lb. turkey.

Half will be smoked on the Weber with a SnS.

The other half will be oven roasted.

Leave a comment:

• jecucolo
    replied
    We are smoking two 10lb turkeys. I’m going to remove the bone and wrap in a roll. One will have minimal seasoning the other I’m going to go with heavy pepper and a little BBBR .

Leave a comment:

• cashelton
    replied
    I split 2 12# fresh turkeys to be cooked in the PBC.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    I suppose I could try, but too late to experiment this year

• HouseHomey
    replied
    It depends.

Leave a comment:

• treesmacker
    replied
    I parted and SVQ'd for this year. Haven't tasted it yet, but after doing it, I'm thinking there is nothing like that whole big bird roasting away and filling the house with that beautiful scent.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    Spatched!!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_103628.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.87 MB ID:	773702
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1967.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	773703

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1971.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	773704
    Last edited by PaulstheRibList; November 26, 2019, 10:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• radshop
    replied
    Got a 20 pounder. I’m splitting it.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Some of you folks like turkey a whole lot more than I do. My wife likes it a lot. Mine is strictly obligatory, and I try to disguise the taste as much as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    Seems to me you could smoke it, cambro it then oil it up and fire it hot in the big easy to crisp the skin. That thing can get really hot right?

• Sweaty Paul
    commented on 's reply
    I usually get several months out of the peanut oil. Gets better the more it is used.

• jfmorris
    replied
    Well, was leaning towards spatchcocking - planning on prepping the birds tomorrow morning, but just got informed that dinner at my sister in laws is moved up from 1pm to 12pm. So. 1 hour less to get things done, so I am seriously thinking of parting the turkeys out now, or at least fully splitting them into halves. Split chickens are my favorite way to cook birds over direct charcoal with Grillgrates.

I picked up some B&B lump today, as well as the B&B char logs, thinking of using the char-logs in the offset firebox rather than regular briquettes.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here