Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Tukey Recipe Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Tukey Recipe Request

Several years ago I was given a smoked turkey as a gift from work. It was made to be eaten cold and it was amazing. it was like meat candy. It was pinkish throughout so I'm assuming it was cured like they do the turkey legs but it was the whole turkey.

I didn't see a recipe for something like that in the recipe section on the free part of the site. Does anyone have any thoughts on how one would go about? How do you calculate the prague powder on a whole turkey since the middle is hollow?

Prague by weight.

Comment

The recipe for the chicken legs says to only cure them for a day regardless of the quantity. Would the same hold true for a whole turkey?

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        The thickness is what determines how long to go. The Disney Turkey Leg recipe on the free site is what I would use as a guideline.

Ruhlman has a good book about curing that probably has every answer you need.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here