Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 whole chickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Nice color on those chicks! How were they?

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Pretty!

Leave a comment:

• RAmorris
    replied
    Here are two chickens I salted 12 hours before smoking and refrigerated in an uncovered aluminum pan. Sprayed both sides with Pam, then put them on the smoker at 250 degrees for 3 hours. Internal temperature was 170.

Leave a comment:

• Father87
    commented on 's reply
    You're so right. I knew that too but didn't come to mind, inexperience.

• Ernest
    replied
    And try placing the legs towards the heat source. Legs are better at high temp than breast.

Leave a comment:

• Father87
    replied
    Oh ok. How do you do it? Just an indirect side or the snake method?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Father87 Yes pull when between 160-165. I'd recommend cooking them at 325-360 though. I've even done 380-390 with good results. You'll get a better crispier skin and the faster cook will guarantee you a much juicier meat.

Leave a comment:

• Father87
    started a topic 2 whole chickens

2 whole chickens

My first time trying this. I didn't know if I had to flip them, so I flipped one of them. They were salt seasoned and injected for a few hours, then rubbed with Weber Smokey Mesquite rub I think it's called.

the flame up only happened when I opened lid..

They've been in about an hour @ 225-235, first time I get that constant low temp. I did arrange the coals better before smokenator, usually I just throw 48 in there randomly. The coal grate always ends up slipping on me though

We're at 126, I'm guessing I pull them off when breast are @ 160? expecting carry over?
    Last edited by Father87; April 6, 2015, 07:11 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here