Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Chicken Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas Chicken Recipe?

I wonder if anyone on the board ever goes down to Rocky Point Mexico? There is a restaurant called Lucas Chicken that serves the most amazing grilled chicken. If you ever head down it is a must stop. Sometimes I have to fight off the urge to jump in the car and drive the 4 hours just to get some.

Does anyone have a killer pollo asado recipe they would like to share to help save me a 8 hour round trip?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sthomasaz; October 21, 2019, 12:57 PM.

I tried this one and it was pretty dang tasty. Hardest part is finding the Achiote Paste. We have good Mexican markets here so it wasn't too hard.

Put a Mexican spin on your grilled chicken with this Pollo Asado Recipe. Smoky, spicy, tangy and tasty, this dish has it all! Perfect for BBQ parties!

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Troutman - heading to the gigante Mercado tomorrow.

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Our Walmart here carries the Achiote paste. Maybe yours does too?

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I made this (@Troutman's link) for my friends at the local brewery today. Even with only a 2 1/2 hour marinade it was fantastic. I basted the chicken with the marinade several times during the cook - small grill, cooked direct and indirect heat over hardwood charcoal with mesquite chip addition four times.

I recently used my take on the same one Troutman recommends with some success. Achiote paste is readily available in Mexican markets around here, but also on Amazon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here