Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thai BBQ Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thai BBQ Chicken

Don't know if this is really Thai, but that's what the recipe I've had for years calls it. Chicken marinaded over night with turmeric, sweet curry, salt, sugar, pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro and coconut milk. The glaze is made up with apricot jam, apricot nectar, thai garlic chili paste and some BBQ sauce.

Indirect for about 1.2 hrs, then glazed and grilled to caramelize and char the surface a bit. Served with fried rice and Asian slaw. Delicious.
    Attached Files

Looks great - do you have a written recipe with the amounts of the ingredients?

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Attached below

Looks really good. I was expecting to see Gai Yang, which is Thai marinated and grilled chicken (gai yang means grilled chicken) that is traditionally served with a sweet chili dipping sauce. I love gai yang, but this looks yummy, too.

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Never heard of Gai Yang, but would love to try it. I love Thai food. There was a chain of Thai restaurants down here in Los Angeles, on the west side, and they served a dish called "Chicken on Fire". The dish was not hot. The chicken was literally "on fire". This recipe was the closest I ever found to tasting like that dish.

This looks and sounds tasty!

I would like to try this one, do you have the recipe with the quantities?

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Attached below

That does look good.

Comment

Here ya go
      Attached Files

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Wow that really looks tempting. Excellent looking recipe and cooking result. Thanks for posting !!!

Comment

I love racetracking chicken that way in my Weber, Lucille. Nice looking cook! Foil around the fuel basket will keep your kettle clean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lucille Race Track.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	759371

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          Good idea. Thanks, I'll do that next time.

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          TripleB it changes the heat profile because all the air now goes thru the fuel basket, so cut back on the flow a bit.

TripleB I made this last night at the local brew pub for the staff and select customers for the Astros game. This is some of the best chicken I've ever made. Thanks so much for the recipe. There was more than what appears in the picture - we ate some before thinking about a photo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thai_chicken.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	761805
        Last edited by 58limited; October 27, 2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks delicious. Thanks for trying it and happy that you liked it.

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          I cooked a double batch tonight for the Astros game, very well received (and eaten) at the brewery.

TripleB - Question: Do you just use regular "American" BBQ sauce?

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I believe that BBQ sauce is something I added to the recipe over the years. For the glaze, I dont really measure anything. Scoop or two here, couple squirts there and add some liquid and stir. Adjust as desired.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here