Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vortex Lollipops - huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Lollipops - huh?

My kiddo has had a friend over since last night, so I wanted to grill something "fun" for them and landed on chicken lollipops. I prepped them and hit them with Plowboys Yardbird ~3 hours early.

Click image for larger version

Name:	70108B9E-7491-4574-9B77-04EC850A9135.jpeg
Views:	405
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	749427

Put a full chimney of lit KBB into the vortex, let the 26” preheat, then got them on with a hickory chunk.

Name:	BE0022AD-71D0-4423-A008-FA5906FC407D.jpeg
Views:	432
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	749426

After 45 min I added corn on the cob and sauced up the lollipops with Sweet Baby Rays.

Name:	EF396065-BA97-4D7D-B087-8256BA5AF472.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	749425

Let the chicken go 10 more min just to let the sauce set and took them off.

Name:	99B8EADB-5038-434D-93BC-9AD2F35ED86A.jpeg
Views:	509
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	749424

Meanwhile finished the corn. I started doing it over direct heat this summer and personally like it better.

Name:	E5EBF945-0042-4DB2-8335-1605CEA24CE9.jpeg
Views:	402
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	749428

It was a hit, they were impressed and ate every bite - success!

Name:	2FB1323D-14C5-49AA-83AA-6F421FD6D119.jpeg
Views:	419
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	749429

They seem to be passing the taste test just fine . They look great !!

Comment

Looks like a good time was had.

Comment

Yummy!

Comment

Awesome cook. And this is the second or so time I’ve seen placing the wood chunk on top of the Vortex. It works so well. And it’s how I do all the time now.

Comment

A girl's just gotta have her 'Q! Great photos, FishTalesNC , and nice job on those lollipop drumsticks!

Kathryn

Comment

Perfect pop's pop.

Comment

Little bit of work but they sure are fun to serve. Nice job !!

Comment

You make those with full drumsticks? Or just the wing drummettes?

Comment

• FishTalesNC
                    FishTalesNC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Full drumsticks. I think I watched a Malcom Reed YouTube video to learn how to prep them.

Oh those kids are happy!!! Great job. Doing some thighs tonight using the Vortex.

Comment

I am not a drumstick guy, but those look great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here