Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornell Chicken

Cornell Chicken: Was pleased with initial effort. Has an interesting flavor – might be interesting to try it with wings.

Has anyone tried spritzing during indirect phase rather than brush basting?
    Attached Files

Not sure what your asking? Cornell is....? Chicken?

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      ok, I've found it. can't help.
      Last edited by HawkerXP; September 9, 2019, 07:19 PM.

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not Colonel Sanders chicken if that helps any.

I LOVE this recipe. The vinegar adds that wonderful zing. Never spritzed. Might clog a spritzer with the egg. Try and report back!

Comment

• mstruth
      mstruth commented
      Editing a comment
      110% agree about the vinegar cider!

Tried this recipe this past summer. Loved it! I don't know why you couldn't spritz instead of mopping if you wanted to. Man, chicken done over coals is amazing no matter the details!

Comment

I’ve eaten Cornell Chicken all my life. I like to add some freshly chopped garlic to my marinade when I make it.

Growing up in Western New York it’s the go to marinade/BBQ sauce for almost every Volunteer Fire Department’s fundraising chicken barbecue.

Cornell Chicken is one of the components of the best damn back yard BBQ meal in my opinion.

Hobo potatoes and beer soaked grilled/steamed corn on the cob are the other two components.

Comment

• mstruth
        mstruth commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for all those additional ideas!

So if this recipe got a promotion could it be called General Tso's Chicken ??

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here