Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Any Of You Grind Turkey at Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Yes it is easy to do. But you must add fat to make it palatable. My turkey sausage recipe calls for 7.5lbs turkey to 2.5 of fat pork butts. You can then add what ever spices you want. If you don't add the pork the sausage will be very dry. The pork adds very little flavor more like dark meat chicken or turkey. Make sure you get a pork butt that is mainly fat.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Please remember General Discussion is not for food talk, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    That is a good question. I have been thinking about grinding some turkey and making breakfast sausage from it. I was thinking partially frozen with white and dark mixed, but I haven't done it yet. Hadn't thought about fat though - I guess you would need to add some.

Leave a comment:

• efincoop
    started a topic Do Any Of You Grind Turkey at Home?

Do Any Of You Grind Turkey at Home?

Hi folks, I purchased a meat grinder last year, I want to get back to using it. I have done beef & pork with it, but now I'm considering grinding turkey.

I'm just wondering if any of you grind your own turkey at home and if you do, if you feel it is worth it and would you be willing to share you technique? Do you partially freeze the meat before grinding? Do you mix white & dark meat, or keep them separate, do you add any kind of fat to the grind?

I did a couple of internet searches, but I did not find a lot of information out there on this topic. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here