Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarragon chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarragon chicken

Well, I just threw a chicken on my grill, it turned out great. Nothing fancy, I did the dry brine, then inserted a concoction of 1 tbsp canola oil mixed with 1tbsp dried tarragon underneath the skin. Tarragon is a great chicken spice, and this version didn't disappoint me. It is rather thick (the oil/spice mix), so I use a small spoon and my fingers to distribute it as evenly as I can.

Just for inspiration, I started out with some good ole' bourbon, this is one of my three faves from the US of A:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bourbon.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	72737

Alright, on to the chicken. Here it is mounted on the chicken stand:

Name:	chicken_1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	72736

And the 1 tbsp oil / 1 tbsp tarragon mix:

Name:	chicken_2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	72738

The chicken, just placed it on the grill:

Name:	chicken_3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	72739

Here it is, close to done, threw in some lemons also:

Name:	chicken_4.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	72740

When the chicken was done, I took some of the juices that gathered in the bottom plate of the chicken stand, and used that to make a carrot puré. I boiled some (3-4) carrots, then mashed them and mixed with 0.3 cups double cream, 3 tbsp chicken juice, som lemon juice and ground cumin. What a nice flavor!

I served it all with broccoli with some sprinkled mature hard cheese, roasted sunflower seeeds and lemon juice.

Nice, clean, simple. All in all, a good grill session.

The plate, ready to serve:

Name:	chicken_5.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	72742

Attached Files

Looks great, I like your idea for the carrot mash, I will have to try that out.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, yep, the carrot mash was a spontaneous idea, but turned out great, thanks to the chicken jus. Will definitely riff on that one, and try out different combos.

Awesome! Good choice in bourbon too. Drinking a little Knob Creek right now. Cheers!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Knob creek and Bulleit, those are my other two choices. Good stuff!

Great-looking meal, Henrik! That idea to use the grilled lemon and chicken juices in the carrot side dish is pure genius. You sure had some good sippin' and eatin' that night!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here