Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fascinating video (to me) — Processing and butchering chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssandy_561
    commented on 's reply
    So you could say you were little pluckers. 😆

• Troutman
    replied
    I wanna see the beheadings ....

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    replied
    As a bona fide "city boy" I found that pretty fascinating.
    It's one of those things that some of us never really get to see...unless we seek it out. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Memories of times past.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    My uncle didn't have those cones or a plucker, unless you count us kids...

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    Cool to see how it is done.

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    I have all the Featherman equipment to process birds. Here's a demonstration of how it works:

Basically the same. Difference is the auto dunker on the scalding tank.

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Yep, remember my mom hanging them from a closthline 5 at a time a time and going down the line grabbing there heads and cutting it off. Letting them bleed out then dump them in hot water and pulling all the feathers out. Then doing another 5. This was back in the 50's and I was a kid and I remember it stunk.

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    Have done turkeys with my neighbor
    No cones, bungee around the legs and hold on ,,,to the wings
    strong Mf’ers
    then to the plucker and the gut and into a Bath and in to a bag
    taker ‘er home

Leave a comment:

• JoeSousa
    replied
    Cool video. I remember butchering chickens as a kid. Just had a stump and a hatchet. Plucking was my least favorite part. Wet feathers everywhere.

We have some chicken coops at our house we moved into a year ago. At some point we were planning on getting some laying hens but I might just have to get a couple meat birds as well.

Leave a comment:

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    Very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• jhapka
    replied
    The cones sure beat the plank of wood with two nails for the neck and hatchet my grandpa had. That plucker machine is extremely effective.

Leave a comment:

• Fascinating video (to me) — Processing and butchering chicken

Here’s the video

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here