Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless, Turkey Breast Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless, Turkey Breast Question

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase raw or unseasoned turkey breast like this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190709-150959_Instagram.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	710694

Every supermarket in my part of the country seems to have a few on hand year round. At Thanksgiving, they go on sale, just like all the other turkeys. I always toss a few in the freezer for use during the year. I tend to get smaller ones since there's only the two of us.

Comment

You may only be able to find whole turkey breasts (bone-in) in your grocery store. That's ok, just thaw it out and fillet the breast meat off the rib cage and you're golden.

Comment

+1 on what these guys said. It won't be uniform like the one in the pic - the ones in the deli counter that look uniform like that appear to have been trimmed at a processing plant or something, I think.

Comment

I can get either boneless or bone-in but they are frozen at a major grocery chain. Ask the butcher if he can get fresh ones for you. A lot of upper end grocery stores are now carry fresh non-injected ones at Thanksgiving.

Comment

That looks like a deli breast. Or break down a whole turkey. Some targets carry the bone in double breasts frozen which is not a big deal.

Other than that see above.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've seen the bone in ones but I wasn't sure if that's what this was I kinds questioned if this was the deli turkey, but thought double smoking and seasoning may make it dry and salty.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
                mountainsmoker commented
                Editing a comment
                Smoking will dry it out, unless you cook it at the very low end of low and slow and keep water pan full. Temp should be 200-210 and water pan over the coals as heat rises. Good luck and hope it comes out for you.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here