Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Chicken Thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Chicken Thighs

I regularly cook chicken thighs (bone-in) on my gasser. Takes about 35 minutes on indirect heat. I decided some smoke would be good.

I don't use my Weber 22" grill nearly often enough. Decided to smoke some thighs on it. Used the grill grate with the flip up sides, and the side charcoal units (sorry, I'm old and can't remember Weber's marketing name for them), with an aluminum tray between with water in it. Filled the Weber chimney starter about half full, stuffed some paper in the bottom. 15 minutes later it was ready to go. Used apple wood chips, cooked indirect for 35 minutes, et voila!
    Attached Files

Those looks great! To me, nothing beats that charcoal flavor for chicken.

Comment

I love me some smoked chicken. Invest in a PBC and let it take you to chicken heaven.

Comment

• Willard
        Willard commented
        Editing a comment
        Y’all knock it off. I can’t buy a PBC. I just can’t................or can I 🤔?

• btuckertx
        btuckertx commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a Weber Smokey Mountain, but it's a lot of work for a short cook. I have the Weber 22' grill, and a Weber gasser. Running out of room on my little patio.

• ColonialDawg
        ColonialDawg commented
        Editing a comment
        The PBC takes up very little real estate but capacity is more than adequate. I cooked 4 half chickens last night.

Great lookin' cook.

Comment

Great looking thighs... There is something a little strange about the way that sounds.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Better than nice butt!!

Them look really tasty, Brother!
        Nice Job!

Comment

• btuckertx
          btuckertx commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, they were! Wife is ready for them again.

We do chicken thighs a couple times a week. Love them try them with cherry.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know if you have wild plum growing in your area, but I keep some chunks of it around just for chicken. Can't ever go wrong with cherry, either.

• btuckertx
          btuckertx commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll try cherry. Heard it's good with pork as well. As a matter of fact, wild (sand) plums are everywhere around here. I'll give that a try.
          Last edited by btuckertx; July 10, 2019, 10:36 AM. Reason: Oops, I missed the wild plum comment.

Looks great. Nice crispy skin.

Comment

Nice looking yardbird thighs. That skin looks sooo crisp and bite-through. You may be using the Weber a bit more with such good results on this cook.

Kathryn

Comment

• btuckertx
            btuckertx commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife agrees with you, as do I. And thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here