Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gobble gobble gobble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gobble gobble gobble

I started smoking turkey breasts after Thanksgiving trying to win my wife over. I’ve smoked 4 or 5 the last part of last year. Back story: there’s a neighborhood bbq place we go to because it’s close and convenient, my wife always gets the smoked turkey, I bought a turkey breast to smoke and received some great advice from all the pitmasters here, thankfully I won her over (Happy Wife happy life!) fast forward... I stopped by the bbq restaurant and got her usual turkey breast the other night. Friday night she asked me to get one to smoke because (her words) your smoked turkey is better than theirs. As I was carving the meat off the bone she was standing there eating saying she was hungry. She ate all the bites other than the breasts itself and said she was full. I told her she just gave me the greatest compliment without saying a word!!

Now I’m hoping my "final meal" ribs are just as good!!! Winning her over one smoked meat at a time!!
    Attached Files

Precious. Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it.

Comment

• fowlsuds
      fowlsuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely!!

Awesome. I keep trying to get my wife to love bbq.
    She’s just a plane eater. Not even ketchup or mustard on her burgers or dogs. 😞
    but I keep trying. 👍

Comment

• fowlsuds
      fowlsuds commented
      Editing a comment
      My BIL turned her off BBQ by using nothing but mesquite wood and over smoked everything he put on the pit. So much so you were belching smoke hours later. Like I said, 1 smoked meat at a time. If Turkey is her thing (not me as in I’m not the turkey!!) I’ll keep it smoked!!!

Nice, indeed a happy wife=happy life. I made Meatheads Final Meal Ribs on the 4th, because, hey it was the 4th & hey RIBS! Took 6 hours to do them , but they were delicious.
    Attached Files

Comment

It is always great when your wife loves your BBQ. Mine seems to like all of mine.

Comment

Congrats on converting your wife.

Comment

I'm blessed. My wife loves bbq and more importantly, smoked bbq. Just tonight we grilled a few burgers directly over coals so we knew they weren't going to take long. I hadn't had them on for 30 seconds when she came running out with a mitt full of mesquite chips that she found somewhere and asked me to throw them on the coals.
          ​​​​​​
          I did but they didn't add much to the flavor. Still, it made me sit back and think about just how lucky I am to belong to a woman that likes smoked food just as much as I do.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Truly, yer a blessed individual, by all above indications!
            Best wishes fer a very,very long, happy, an prosperous life fer th twain of ya!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here