Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer service Farm Fresh Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer service Farm Fresh Duck

I am going to be making Duck and Sausage Gumbo next weekend for a pot luck. Went on line to find some duck legs and thighs. Found Farm Fresh Duck in PA www.farmfreshduck.com
    Saturday, I ordered some Drake duck leg quarters from them by 3 day shipping. This being a holiday week they upgraded me to 2nd day at their cost. Very nice indeed.
    Today I got a notice from UPS telling me that my package would be delivered sometime Tuesday the 9th. Wait that's not right! Called them up and they looked up the tracking number and found the same thing and told me they would find out what happened.
    About 1/2 hour later I received a call from them. The young lady was tripping all lover herself apologishing. "I'm so sorry, I made a mistake and marked it ground shipping and yes in 9 days it will be spoiled, we'll cancel the order and refund your money."
    I told her that I didn't need it until next weekend and so could they just ship it on next Monday? They'er still shipping it 2nd day for the same price.
    That's customer service and for a 1st time customer! Will let you know how the duck is when I prepare the Gumbo next week.

How many people take the time to share what a GOOD customer experience they had? Thanks for that!

Comment

Good to know. Hope things turn out good, duck gumbo is the bomb!

I've had pretty good luck with these guys and duck products, for what it's worth...

D'Artagnan

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I use them often. But their leg quaters are out of stock right now. They are very good.

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        In fact I have one of their Porcelet Shoulders sitting in my freezer. Any ideas on cooking it? Their website suggestion looks pretty good.

I'd be tempted to do that Porcelet Shoulder as a Porchetta since it still has the skin on. Smoke it instead of roasting it in the oven. You'd have to butcher out most of the bones, but I bet it would be amazing done that way.

Porchetta

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        of course smoke it duh! 😊

Note: Farm Fresh Duck sells WHOLE duck--head, feet, the works! Do I smell Peking Duck?

For reason(s) inexplicable to me, they call it "Buddhist Duck".

Comment

We love to hear about good customer service.

Comment

Now I know where to go next time I need 30 lbs. of duck tongues. https://www.farmfreshduck.com/duck-t...0-lb-case.html

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're not being sarcastic I would like to know for what?

Our Asain markets sell whole ducks here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here