Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First chickens on the Weber Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _Keith
    replied
    Try the white BBQ sauce recipe on this site. Much more flavorful than what comes in that bottle. I personally like to heat it for a while to thicken it, but that's me.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee I was really surprised how juicy they were and the skin was crispy. I was so worry that they would be dry. I diid used a water pan under the chicken so I don't know if that help them or not but I do know it didn't hurt them.

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you fuzzydaddy. I will get some of his other BBQ sauces and try them. I'm always looking for good sauces.

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Jon Solberg I though about making Meadhead's verson of the white sauce but I got lazy

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    DWCowles, them bad boys can take mid to upper 300s and be mighty fine. I have been cooking birds (whole or pieced) at 360-380 lately with great crispy skin/juicy meat results.

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you JeffJ

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee I have no ideal how I done that either

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee I have a pack of bone-in chicken thighs that I'm going to do on the Lang this weekend (probably Sunday) so we'll see.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    DWCowles, if you know how to hold a steady temp and use the same rub there should be zero reason for it not to return the same results. If not come on up to central MI and we'll have a beer or two and figure this out on the Yoder.

• JeffJ
    replied
    Those birds look phenomenal!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee Please don't mention that 4 letter word to me and no I'm not the chicken man. I got to get the same results on the Lang. When I accomplish that then I might be chicken man #2.

• Huskee
    replied
    That's a pro shot of the sauce too, nicely done!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    DWCowles, you're the chicken man now. And where did that pile of snow go???

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Bird looks GREAT. Have you tried meatheads white sauce recipe. Probably pretty close to that if not the same I'd guess. Just wondering if they were close.

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/chick...ite_sauce.html

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    They do look delicious. I just received the 4 sauces big Bob Gibson makes. Our favorites are the mustard and habanero. Great photos too.
    Last edited by fuzzydaddy; March 11, 2015, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here