Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Spiedini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Spiedini

Chicken Spiedini from page 95 of "Operation BBQ" book. Great recipe - worked terrific on grill. Very juicy and terrific flavors.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190624_201022.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	700787​Click image for larger version  Name:	20190624_202102.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	700788

​Chicken Spiedini recipe from here... https://www.toledoblade.com/a-e/food...es/20190522001:

https://www.amazon.com/Operation-BBQ.../dp/1624143598

Chicken Spiedini

"Spiedini is an Italian-inspired dish that features marinated, breadcrumb-coated chicken breast rolled and skewered and then grilled to tasty perfection," says the Smoke on Wheels BBQ team.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

1 cup Smoke on Wheels BBQ marinade or favorite marinade, plus more for dipping
    I used this marinade recipe: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...alian-marinade

â…” cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs

â…“ cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

2 cloves garlic, minced

Put the breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap or in a resealable plastic bag. Using a mallet, gently pound the chicken until they are ¼-inch thick. Place the chicken in another resealable plastic bag and pour the 1 cup marinade into the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.

On waxed paper, combine your breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, and garlic. Dip the chicken into the extra marinade and coat with the crumb mixture.

Tightly roll the pounded chicken and fasten together using toothpicks. Cut your chicken into 1-inch thick pieces and thread them onto a metal skewer. Remove the toothpicks. Repeat this process with the remaining chicken.

Place the skewers on an oiled grill over medium-hot coals. Cover the chicken and grill for about 5 minutes per side, or until it reaches 165F.

To serve as appetizer bites, skewer each chicken roll with a toothpick for easy snacking.
    Last edited by treesmacker; June 27, 2019, 11:08 PM.

Can you copy and paste the recipe? Let me know if you need help with posting the pix. Thanks !!!

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      I finally arrived home from RV trip where I had marginal WiFi and finished uploading recipe.

Here are a couple more pics... I had trouble getting them all on one post as I was in an RV park with marginal WiFi for original post...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190624_203205.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.50 MB ID:	702700
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190624_203429.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	702701

Comment

Looks really yummy and easy to do! Thank you for sharing.

I was hoping to save the marinade recipe too, but you have to have a NY Times account to view it. I see from the cached info on Google that some (or all) of the ingredients in the marinade are --

1 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
      ¾ cup red wine vinegar.
      Zest of 1 lemon.
      ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons).
      4 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and roughly chopped.
      1 bay leaf.
      1 tablespoon thyme leaves.
      1 tablespoon oregano leaves.

But I'm guessing there might be some salt too?

A quick 'n easy marinade would be Wishbone Italian dressing straight from the bottle. Troutman shared this idea in his thread -- https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...w-slow-chicken
      Last edited by IowaGirl; June 28, 2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmmm... I didn't realize NY Times did that. I was able to cut directly to the recipe. I guess that is because I have an extension for my Chrome browser called "recipe filter" that cuts through all of the blog type info on a site and directly to the recipe - you can get the extension here... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cfnhiioiadakae
        Meantime, I'll post the recipe below...

Italian Marinade

SAM SIFTON from NY Times

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...alian-marinade

• YIELD Enough for 2 to 3 pounds meat
      • TIME 5 minutes
      INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
      • ¾ cup red wine vinegar
      • Zest of 1 lemon
      • ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
      • 4 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and roughly chopped
      • 1 bay leaf
      • 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
      • 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
      • 1 tablespoon basil leaves, rolled and chopped into chiffonade
      • 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
      • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
      • 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
      • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
      Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add cubes of chicken, pork, lamb or beef to the marinade and cover tightly, or place into large, re-sealable plastic bags and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours (or 10 to 12 hours for chicken).

Comment

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Many thanks, sir! Much appreciated.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here