Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little chicken help...Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little chicken help...Please

I will be cooking two whole chickens this afternoon on the Weber Performer. On one bird I will be using my rub and the other the wife wants me to use Lawry"s Chicken & Poultry rub because she loves that stuff. My question is since Lawry"s poultry rub has sea salt in it do I skip adding salt to the bird? I will be salting the bird that will have my rud on it because I didn't put any salt in the rub Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7105.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	70109 . I don't want to screw her bird up by making it to salty (Lord have mercy on me if I do). Thanks

I would not add salt to the Lawry's bird. I tend to cook with less salt, because I think that non-cooked salt just tastes better.

Comment

You can always add more salt at the table, I would err on the side of much less if any salt on the Lawry bird.

Comment

Yeah no extra salt before cooking.

Comment

I have wondered how that Lawry's bird rub tastes... I even had a jar of it in my hands on Sunday at Sam's Club, but I set it back down. I think I'll buy one next time I see it... I too think I'd pass on the salt brine until I tasted the rub on the bird to see. I hate over salting anything...

Comment

Hondo it tastes great on rotisserie chicken but I haven't try it on smoked chicken yet but I will this afternoon then I will let you know how good or bad it was.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here