Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Chicken on the Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole Chicken on the Pellet Grill

Made whole chicken again last night. Oiled with olive oil and dusted with Montreal Chicken Rub. Cooked on the pellet grill (Rec Tec) at 450F for 70 minutes. I also threw a baker on for the same time and with 30 minutes to go I also added carrots, roasted my usual way. Tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, honey and a touch of cumin then wrapped in foil.

A simple, easy and yummy meal!

It looks great, almost like a food magazine shot!

Comment

• charchamp
      charchamp commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, what a great looking bird

Here'e the same chicken, cut up this time, and served as leftovers the next day along with half a leftover spud. I reheated them both in the BSO on reheat with convection at 375F for 15 minutes. The skin was still crispy!

Comment

Nice....I may do some chicken on the PBC this weekend....I have a 11+ pound Picnic but I cooked 2 butts this weekend so I may have to wait a few weeks on that.

Still figuring how I want to hang it and all that.....Need to cut me some extra rebar. Found a good long piece cutting grass at our new school.

Comment

Soo can someone give me a magic whole chicken smoke guide like i see for briskett and pork? I know its here i must be blind.

Comment

Originally posted by frijolefrito View Post
          Soo can someone give me a magic whole chicken smoke guide like i see for briskett and pork? I know its here i must be blind.
          Frito this is perhaps the easiest and BEST smoked chicken if you follow the recipe closely http://amazingribs.com/recipes/chick...d_chicken.html I don't know what you use for smoking wood but I recommend a fruit wood like apple, cherry or peach on chicken, or light doses of pecan. I'd stay away from strong woods like oak or mesquite on chicken. I use my rib rub, you can use Memphis Dust or Simon & Garfunkle chicken rub of Meathead's. They will all work great on chicken.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here