Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Chicken Thighs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Chicken Thighs!

Here is my Memorial Day weekend cook. I followed Malcom Reed's recipe exactly and they turned out amazing. (https://howtobbqright.com/2015/11/12...hicken-thighs/)

Here they are before going on the grill. Yes that is butter a-top bacon. (The top four are jalapeno; the bottom four are poblano.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3205.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	685686

Once the chicken gets to 160 or so, you dispense with the pan and place the chicken on a wire rack to allow the bacon to crisp up. The pan really does help the bacon/chicken wrap to hold its shape. (Plus, they are swimming in butter for the first half of the cook!)

After basting (I should have gone just a tad longer to get the sauce to set a bit more)....

Name:	IMG-3210.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	685688

We did a very impromptu waffles and syrup as a base...

Name:	IMG-3211.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	685689

Poor Kat....wondering why I dumped all of the butter and bacon fat down the drain.... (food safety!)

Name:	IMG-3214.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	685687

These were amazing. I would make these tomorrow if I could. So, so, so good....the jalapeno and the cheese and the chicken and the bacon and the kiss of applewood smoke. So, so, so GOOD!

(And chicken is so forgiving! I still am having trouble keeping my temps around 300, and the thighs got up to 170 before I wanted them to, but they are essentially perfect.)

Thanks for the review! I grill pheasant jalapeño poppers which reminded me of this but no butter or rubs (I marinate the pheasant in a homemade teriyaki-ish sauce before wrapping). Never thought of the rub/butter/pan idea. Chicken thighs are a great option. I’m definitely going to put my twist on this with pheasant and share to the group. Kudos and thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration. Looks amazing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here