Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spatchcock-"tikka-masala"-chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spatchcock "Tikka Masala" chicken

First attempt at a "spatchcock" or flat chicken. I’ve been doing a lot BBQ lately so I marinated it in jar of Tikka Masala sauce overnight. It was a smaller chicken and took about 50 minutes grilling it indirect. This was all so insanely easy and the chicken was amazing. Crispy out and tender inside. Great flavor.
    Attached Files

This looks incredible. I love me some Chicken Tikka Masala. So much flavor.

Would you mind sharing the recipe/technique with us?

If so Please post it here! Thanks! We are compiling a bunch of member recipes to post on the main site.

Comment

Okay, I found an amazing Indian flavored marinade. It comes refrigerated and is amazing. It really captures that amazingTikka Masala/ Indian flavor. it was a little pricey but a little goes a long way. It's called Sabauce. My wife is not big on the skin and bones and I try to cook up some chicken breasts to eat during the week so I am always looking for new flavors to try and this was a big hit. I'll definitely use it on another spatchcocked chicken and other stuff as well.

Chicken breasts have always been really tough for me but since coming here it's been life changing, lol. Indirect grill about 325, dry brine and then marinade. My other huge suggestion is finding a market that carries "air chilled" chicken. It's more pricey as well but the difference is night and day. When it's on sale I load up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_91411.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	693015

Last edited by ByTor; June 10, 2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0723 (1).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	693035Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	693036

Comment

Very nice cook. Sounds like I need to get some yogurt and go to work...lol

Comment

Looks yummy!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here