Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Fritters and biscuits with rosemary gravy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Fritters and biscuits with rosemary gravy

I cannot take 100% credit for this one but it is mostly my concoction.

Chicken Fritters

chicken breast’s cubed
    2 eggs
    mayo
    1/2 cup flour
    fresh dill
    salt and pepper to taste
    4 oz shredded mozzarella

mix all ingredients together and place in fridge for at least 2 hours. If you cook the chicken by itself you can cook on a griddle. For this recipe I recommend on a cast iron skillet (large). Use olive oil and I recommend extra virgin so you do not burn. Cook until golden each side and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of salted butter to the same pan and 2 tablespoons of flour and make a roux. Then add 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of rosemary either fresh or dried and 1 teaspoon of pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Over high heat until thick.

Take a homemade buttermilk biscuit, cut in half and place one fritter on each half and smother with the gravy while hot.

Willing to share biscuit recipe if you are interested. Final advice just don’t smack anyone. Winner winner chicken dinner!
    Attached Files

Looks great!

Comment

Hungry - again...

Comment

I would absolutely CRUSH that, man it looks good!

Comment

Looks great, an I know a thing, mebbe two, bout some BnG..

Definitely interested in yer biscuits receipt, please...

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Plannin' on returnin' it is ya?

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol. Huskee Dunno, jus yet. Mebbe.

Here you go Mr. Bones

2 Cups All Purpose Flower
          1 Tablespoon baking powder
          1/2 teaspoon salt (iodized)
          1/4 teaspoon baking soda
          6 tablespoons of Crisco
          1 cup of buttermilk(may take a little more)

Mix in all ingredients minus the buttermilk. Cut in the Crisco until the mixture resembles crumbs. Add in 1 cup of buttermilk and stir until blended. Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead for 1 to 2 minutes. Add more buttermilk here if needed. Roll out to 1/2" thickness (I like a little thicker at times). Cut the biscuits and place on cookie sheet. Prick the tops with a fork and brush the top with buttermilk. Bake at 450 for 10 to 12 minutes

Enjoy!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Amigo!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here