Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vortex Chicken Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the vortex a lot. It does not get much play around here. (I think part of that is due to the SNS and its popularity here.) However, I love using mine for wings too. And who doesn't love watching that piece of wood get blasted by the Vortex in the middle? Not that is just plain fun!

Comment

Originally posted by jecucolo View Post

Here is a breading recipe for wings from

David Parrish After brining, add:

2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
      2 Tbsp Baking Powder
      1 Tbsp Salt

to a large (gallon-sized) Ziplock bag. Mix to combine, then add the chicken wings and toss thoroughly to coat the wings well in the dredge. Shake off any excess flour mixture.

Excellent! Only way I cook wings now!
      Thanks very much for this recipe! I will definitely use it next time for wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkDog View Post
        Great looking wings. Showed this to my wife. Now she wants some. Where do I get a vortex?
        You can go to Amazon and pick one up. There are many different ones there to pick up. vortexbbq.com makes the original. I picked up a knockoff by Lutani.

Comment

• SparkDog
          SparkDog commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info. I too picked up the Lutani. It will be here Thursday

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
        I like the vortex a lot. It does not get much play around here. (I think part of that is due to the SNS and its popularity here.) However, I love using mine for wings too. And who doesn't love watching that piece of wood get blasted by the Vortex in the middle? Not that is just plain fun!
        I have an SNS as well. I love the SNS! But, this Vortex method, where the heat is in the middle of the grill, I think it works slightly better for wings. I believe the heat goes up and then evenly distributes itself around the upper grate, although the top vent is mostly open so I would assume a lot is lost there. Truthfully, I am not 100% sure how it works but it seems like with the wings distributed around the outside of the top grate like that, they are all evenly cooked!

Comment

Those look GREAT!! I've got to quit procrastinating and get one those vortex units.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here