Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuffed boneless chicken legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed boneless chicken legs

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD4BD89C-8D0C-4CBC-9C6C-EF4EE744A09E.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	635575Click image for larger version

Name:	AD4BD89C-8D0C-4CBC-9C6C-EF4EE744A09E.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	635574Click image for larger version

Name:	6E0C26CA-1045-4A6F-92FF-D00F91E02CBD.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	635573Click image for larger version

Name:	B0157B62-6A0F-4C0F-9449-4E028533C3A3.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	635572Click image for larger version

Name:	A238E484-5B3C-4220-B083-B3A7D9F2FB24.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	635571 I figured I would try a little something new. I deboned some chicken legs, then stuffed them with a mixture of sausage, cream cheese, onion and spices. Put them on the smoker till done! And of course some greens to go with it, asparagus , leeks, zukinni , and peas. Turned out some good!
    Attached Files

Looks and sounds good. Will have to try this.

Comment

Nice! What did you inject the stuffing with?

Comment

• nsbbqguy
        nsbbqguy commented
        Editing a comment
        I just used my hands it was a bit of a pain doing it that way. Whey I do the boneless stuffed wings I usually put the filling in a ziplock, cut out a corner makes it way easier!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Sweet! Luv Thai stuffed wings, but boning them is hard. Tips on boning the legs, please! Recipe too?

Thanks!

Comment

• nsbbqguy
        nsbbqguy commented
        Editing a comment
        This time for the stuffing I just went simple and used mild itilaian sausage, onion, green onion, herbed cream cheese S&P and some Oakridge secret weapon and a little bit of bread crumbs. It was good but next time I’m going to amp up the flavour !

• nsbbqguy
        nsbbqguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thai stuffed wings are awesome but are a pain to debone but so worth it!

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        nsbbqguy -- I'll try your "cut and pull" method next time. Thanks for the advice!

Wow you really amped yours up, they look fantastic !! Did something similar for Super Bowl, stuffed and bacon wrapped. Lot's of tedious work but they sure taste great. Thanks for posting !!!

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        Damm Troutman Your'e streching your legs lately looks great .... Troutman style!!

• nsbbqguy
        nsbbqguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Mmmmmm bacon!!! Yours look killer , great idea.

Wow! This sounds killer!!! I might have to make this, this week. I have a lot of meat in the freezer that needs to be used up before I buy anything else. And I just so happen to have a bunch of chicken thighs in the freezer! Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Willy
        Willy commented
        Editing a comment
        “Eggrolls amped to Heaven!

• nsbbqguy
        nsbbqguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!next think I’m going to try and debone is the whole chicken leg! Going to be a bit tricker

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        It is easier than you think. And well worth he effort! nsbbqguy

They look very good.

Comment

There are a number of YouTube videos of deboning and stuffing a whole chicken. Been on my bucket list for about a year now. Perhaps its moved a little closer to the top of the list !!!

Comment

• nsbbqguy
          nsbbqguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! I’ve seen Them and am going to have to give it a try. I thing it would be defiantly worth it

Remember the French guy with an accent cooking with his daughter on PBS? He deboned a whole chicken or duck in a couple minutes!

Comment

• PappyBBQ
          PappyBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Really nice vid! Thanks for sharing! I'll be putting it to use!

• ddmcwhirter
          ddmcwhirter commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to share that video on FB...and offer it up as a challenge...the one minute chicken debone.

• gmascolo51
          gmascolo51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pierre Franey "Cuisine Rapide"??

Interesting - and chicken legs are cost effective. Aren't they even cheaper than wings now? Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• nsbbqguy
          nsbbqguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Chicken wings are the one part of the chicken that I don’t see on sale very much in the stores. Legs, thighs, breasts all go on sale every week!

• ddmcwhirter
          ddmcwhirter commented
          Editing a comment
          So cool that the most worthless part of the chicken is in the greatest demand so that we get the good parts cheaper. But I eat enough wings that the cost averages out.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here