Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Search of Lions Club-Style Barbecue Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Search of Lions Club-Style Barbecue Rub

Fundraiser chicken... I have fond memories of the salty, crispy skin; the charcoal flavor that would linger on your hands for hours; and the tender, fall-off-the-bone meat.

I would love to make something like this at home. I have not found any barbecue rubs that match the flavor profile from my childhood. I'm pretty sure the rub would be salt-based: mostly seasoned salt and celery salt, but my attempts to freelance haven't done very well. I also have memories of seeing them sprinkle a liquid on them. I'm guessing it was butter and/or vinegar, but this wasn't Cornell chicken.

Any recipes, guys?

Search The Pit for PBC All Purpose Rub. Maybe someone will post it soon.

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      I found the PBC AP Rub recipe I was thinking of. Look at my post below.

Never had, or heard, of it, but here's one site I found that offers something: https://chestertownspy.org/2011/10/0...cret-divulged/

Try Googling or, just maybe, asking a Lion.

Good luck in your search.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      If he is a Lion he won't tell the truth! ;-)

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb Hiss! Boo! ;«)

It may be different in various parts of the country. The article from Willy is definitely what is use on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Delaware. I have cooked a ton of it for our Fire company and other groups fund raising. But I would suspect it would be different in other areas to suit local tastes. What area are you from?

Comment

• cmar610
      cmar610 commented
      Editing a comment
      I grew up in east/central Pennsylvania. Now I live in Western Maryland. Cornell chicken is good, but not quite the flavor profile I have in mind.

So I really like the PBC All Purpose rub. My only problem is sometimes the high salt content over powers the flavors. I inquired at the PBC web site if they had any plans to make the

You may want read this post. Follow this recipe and add salt to your own taste??

Comment

• cmar610
      cmar610 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. This might be close.... I'll have to give it a try.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here