Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's second cook - Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's second cook - Chicken

I had planned on doing this tomorrow but I ended having to do it today. I'll update as we go.

Update: I'm not at all prone to hyperbole. This was some of the best chicken I've ever eaten. It was moist, the skin was crisp but not crunchy and that white sause was excellent. Went well with the apples I smoked this morning.

- Making HowtoBBQRight's spatchcocked chicken recipe found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsOPkn7XTM&t=610s
    - 3 lb HEB whole chicken. Rub with olive oil. My AP rub. Place on bed of rosemary, chives, thyme and sage.
    - Smoker at 400 with diffuser door removed. B&B Comp blend pellets.
    - 1355 - Chicken on.
    - 1420 - Lowered temp to 385.
    - 1455 - Took chicken off.

https://share.fireboard.io/01451A

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tGPaWj3JacH52kXx9
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dsohmer; January 19, 2019, 05:19 PM.

Done this several times now. It is DELISH!! BTW, it works fantastic on turkey too!! I know when I go to HEB, I get two of everything they got in the herb department!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0272.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.62 MB ID:	625079

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!

• dsohmer
      dsohmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!!

FANTASTIC looking cook brother! I was following your temps! How did ya like it?!

Comment

Originally posted by lonnie mac View Post
      FANTASTIC looking cook brother! I was following your temps! How did ya like it?!
      Some of the best chicken I've cooked or eaten.

Comment

Love me some spatchcock chicken. That cook looks great

Comment

Doing it this way next time. Looks great.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thumbs up emoji.png
Views:	119
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	625426

Kathryn

Comment

Nice looking yardbird. Still can't bring myself to buying all those herbs but would love to try that one of these days.

Comment

Nice lookin' cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here