Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supermarket Rotisserie Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supermarket Rotisserie Chicken

Does anybody know what supermarkets use to make their rotisserie chicken? I'm assuming its a liquid smoke based marinade or injection. I have one relative that only likes this type of chicken. I'm willing to try making it if I can find a recipe.

oldsteve

Most commercial "rotisserie" chickens are injected or brined in salt water. This is common in the food service industry. There are "rotisserie" seasoning mixes available at the grocery stores and online. Inject the bird with a mixture of 1 cup strong chicken stock(from bouillon as this is your salt source), ½ stick butter, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1tsp. onion powder. Heat the mixture over low heat until the butter is melted. Inject mixture all over inside the bird, then rub both inside and outside, as well as under the skin with the rotisserie seasoning.If you use a recipe for the seasoning, omit the salt. If you use a commercial mix, just rub the surface of the bird. Cook at moderate heat, 300-350. It will be yummy. We do this recipe and technique frequently. I hope this helps.

Comment

• oldsteve
      oldsteve commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Strat!!! Your info was exactly what I was looking for. I figured with all your professional experience, you would be the one with the definitive answer. I'm going to have a go at it this weekend on my PBC.

• Strat50
      Strat50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anytime, my brother. Let us know how it goes. My wife WAS a rotisserie fanatic until we started doing chicken this way. Now, when we walk by the rotisserie birds at the store, she just looks and laughs.

Walmart has started doing BBQ as well, you can grab some ribs where you get the chicken. Too scared to try it but they smell amazing.

Comment

The best tasting and the best value I've EVER run across for rotisserie chicken is those big fat ones at Costco... $4.99 each. I buy 1 or 2 every time I go to Costco.

Comment

Ever since I discovered Peruvian Pollo a la Brasa (and how to cook it), regular store rotisserie chicken doesn't do anything for me any more.
        Last edited by Dewesq55; February 5, 2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I just posted it in the Recipe section here.
        Last edited by Dewesq55; February 5, 2015, 05:19 PM. Reason: Fixed the link

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here