Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wolf Gas Oven- Convection feature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolf Gas Oven- Convection feature.

I'm cooking a 11 lbs spatchcocked turkey inside today in a new oven. I'm following Meathead's recipe to a "T". My question is do I want to use the convection feature on the oven? If so how should I adjust temp? Happy Thanksgiving!

If you use the convection (which is pretty much a good idea for poultry for the sake of the skin) consider the temp in the oven to be "virtually" 25F higher than you have the oven set for. I'd set it for 325F, and then be sure to check the internal temp as you start getting close with an instant thermometer.

You're spatchcocking, so it's a quicker cook than whole. Convection gives you more opportunity to crisp up the skin. IMO.

Comment

Thank you EdF! I do have a digital temp probe. Your answer gives me confidence I'll get the bird on the table at the right time. Hope you've had/are having a great Thanksgiving!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck, but do pay attention to what Frozen Smoke just said. I don't have much experience with higher end ranges than say, Bosch.

Check your manual. Some convection ovens automatically convert temps. so if you set it for 350 that's exactly what you get. The time is shorter as well I think. I know our new convection oven has this feature. It's all a bit confusing actually.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Our kitchenaid has that option, its called easy convect. This is in addition to regular, convection, dehydrate, and bread proof.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here